This article describes our new way to customize the Preferences pages in your account, launched in June 2021. If you are using our older Unsubscribe page for preferences, follow the steps below to upgrade to the new version.
How it works
Customize your signup experience with preferences. Any preferences you create in Subscribers > Preferences can be added to your Preference or Subscribe forms to let subscribers choose the topics they wish to hear about.
What you can do
- You can have multiple preferences sections on a single page. This allows to group preferences into different blocks, like “What would you like to hear about?” and “How often would you like to hear from us?” Drag over a new Preferences block when you want a new grouping.
- You can show descriptions for each preference, when needed.
Customize your Preference pages
1. Set up new preferences in Subscribers > Preferences, if needed
2. Go to Pages > Preferences
3. In the form, click on the Preferences block
The preferences block will pull in the preferences you have set up under Subscribe > Preferences. Learn more
4. Click on the preferences you would like to add to the form. Click the pencil icon to edit the preference only for this page, if needed.
5. Upload your logo. Customize your content and colors.
Here are some common design adjustments you may want to make.
6. Save and Publish
—When you are ready to completely switch to these new pages—
7. Click the Use as Default button
Once selected, any new emails created from a WordFly starter email will point to the new pages. In the editor, it will also switch the Add Link UI to point to your new pages. Update any existing custom starter emails with the new link.
Optional: Add a button that links to the Unsubscribe form
1. Open the Preferences page
2. Drag over a Button block. In the a field, label the button “Unsubscribe from everything”
3. Click into the href field, then click the Browse Pages link
4. Select your Primary Unsubscribe page from the grid. Leave the “Associate page responses with subscribers” box selected.
5. Save and publish your page
Add an Update Preferences link to your email
Preferences are linked to a specific subscriber, so you must link to the page from an email campaign. The URL must contain the SubscriberID code (?sid=##subscriberMailingId##). This is the code that will also allow the subscriber’s email address to display in the “Your email address” section.
1. On Preferences Settings, click Publish to push your pages live to the web
2. In your email, add the text “Update Preferences” to your footer
3. Highlight the text, then click the Link icon
4. In the Add/Edit Link window, click Browse Pages
5. Select your Preferences page from the grid.
Leave the “Associate page responses with subscribers” box selected.
6. Save your email