We’re always adding new features! Check out our updates from June below. You’ll also see shout-outs and high-fives for our customers whose feedback turns into an update. To see even more, check out our release notes inside WordFly.
A new place to manage your signup process
You can now customize your Unsubscribe, Subscribe, and Forward forms in Pages, instead of the Account section. By request, you can also now create a separate page for updating Preferences. You do not need a Pages subscription for these four new pages. They are free with your account. We recommend moving to these new pages as soon as you can for better usability and security.
There’s also a new place to create and edit preference options for your Subscribe and Preferences forms: Subscribers > Preferences. You can control who is allowed to create preferences by selecting the new Manage Preferences permission on Account > Users
A huge thank you to our customers for your ideas about these features: Kerstin Adams, James Clark, Owain Elidir, Rosie Field, Benno Hotz, Hazel James, Krystle Kline, Dot Krebs, Robert Lanham, Christine Long, Rob McMicking, Jamie O'Brien, Grant Offerman, Shane Richey, Amanda Schwarz, Jon Tjhi, Paul Vanness, Kaylee Wise, Yu Ye Wu, and Nathan Zanon.
Editor + starter email updates
We’ve added the option to insert special characters into Buttons. We’ve also updated the Styles design to make it easier to set Bold and Italics for Captions and more. You’ll see new options to set styles for Unordered Lists and Ordered Lists, in addition to List items. David Libbey, this one’s for you.
Starter Email E has new some new colors and padding on the containers for an improved design on mobile. The Blank Email starter email is now showing the drop zone as expected. We also resolved a heading bar background color issue in Yahoo in all starter emails. And one last update: Links to PDFs no longer incorrectly trigger a Pages Test Link warning.
Improvements + fixes
- We’ve dropped the word Templates from the term Email Templates.
- For security of your data and your subscribers’ data, we’re now automatically locking user accounts if they have not logged into WordFly in over 180 days. To be unlocked, users can reach out to any person with Manage Users permission at their organization.
- You’ll see design updates throughout Email Campaigns, Reporting, and Pages. Lists are now sorted by Most Recent in multiple places throughout WordFly. Subscriber Search was rebuilt to improve loading speed and take you directly to a subscriber profile if only one address is found. The Testing page also has a new streamlined look. In Inbox Preview, all actions are now all on one page; Template Review is now called Email Checklist; and we fixed an issue where A/B Test version was not included in subject line. We also fixed a Subscriber Preview issue where data fields in subject line could not be previewed for a triggered campaign.
- In Pages, we added a Copy Published URL option to the index page for quick access to your page link. We also fixed the issue where survey results showed repeated question in certain cases and where pages could not be saved because the stylesheet was missing.
- Lastly, in Data Fields, you’ll find two new date formats: Day, Month XX and Day, XX Month.
Thank you so much for your ideas: Katie Back, Laima Haley, Sunny Mand, Brittany Petruzzi, and Lee Turkovich.