Easily create custom blocks directly from Modern Editor email and page designs to the Blocks Editor.
Topics covered in this article:
Creating a custom block from Modern Editor is an easy way to replicate a design that you've already created in Modern Editor. Learn what to expect when you save a custom block this way.
What to expect creating custom blocks from Modern Editor:
- Create custom blocks in Modern Editor email and page designs. Right-click on any block to select Save to Blocks.
- Any blocks you create will be available immediately in the Your Blocks tab in Modern Editor email and page designs.
- When the block is saved, it will only save This Block styles that are specific to the block (not General styles)
- The fewer styles you add the more flexible your custom block will be in any design as the block will take on the global styles for the block type. For example, a custom footer block would use the global footer styles of the design it is dropped into.
- Adding specific styles to the design will make the design more static. The custom block will use any styles set in the custom block, ignoring global styles for the design it is placed into.
- To save multiple individual blocks into one block, add them inside a container, two column, or three-column block.
- You can’t always drag a container into a container, so be aware of this as you save blocks.
- You can always build your custom block using the Blocks Editor drag-and-drop tools.
Easily save custom blocks directly from Modern Editor email and page designs. Right-click on any block to select Save to Blocks.
1. Open your design in Modern Editor.
This can be an Email or Page design built in Modern Editor. Click on the name of your design, then select View/Edit. Then click on Edit to open the editor.
2. Hover over the block you want to make into a custom block.
3. Right-click on the block and select Save to Blocks.
4. Your custom block is immediately available under the Your Blocks tab in Modern Editor.