Using video in marketing channels is a smart way to connect with people. Modern Editor's video block includes an easy hosted video option for YouTube, Vimeo or another video-sharing website.
Topics covered in this article:
Hosted videos are videos that are uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or another video-sharing website. Video links are inserted into the design and direct users to a video-sharing website where the video plays. Simply copy the video link from the video-sharing site and paste it into the href field in the design.
Do you want to embed video in your email design? Learn more
Follow these steps to add a hosted video in your Modern Editor design.
1. Open your design in Modern Editor.
2. Drag over a video block to your preview panel (right side).
3. The video block will be defaulted to Hosted.
4. Start adding your hosted video link and image on the edit content panel (left side).
- Enter your video link in the href field.
- Browse or upload your video image for the src field.
- Enter some explanatory text for the alt field.
- Tip: If you paste in a YouTube link the editor will automatically add your video thumbnail and alt text from the link you used! Both the image and alt text can be modified as needed.
4. Save your design.