WordFly survey pages allow you to collect subscriber feedback. Send a post-show or event follow up survey, collect customer service information, or use the form in any number of ways. Publish your Survey Pages and watch event responses load in the Results page, then export your data as a CSV file to review data across all participants.
- When you create a new page, multiple files are saved into a media folder for that page. These are called Page Sets. A Survey Page Set consists of two HTML pages + CSS files: Form, and Confirmation.
- The Survey Form page has a Submit block which is required for the page to post data. This form block can be moved around in the design but cannot be deleted.
- The Survey Form page can have unlimited Form blocks added to the design. Add checkboxes, radials, dropdowns, and open text areas.
- Any Form block can be marked as required.
- Modify design styles from the STYLESHEET > General Styles or All Blocks to carry styles through the whole Survey Page Set.
- IMPORTANT: Copy the correct Public URL to tie responses to subscribers for an email or collect anonymous responses. Learn more
- The Survey Settings page will give you access to the main form and both confirmation pages, testing link and publish link.
- The Results page will display real results after the pages are published and have collected responses. Learn more
- Deleting form fields in your Page will delete collected results. This cannot be undone. Hide form blocks instead.
- The Results page will include a CSV download drawer to quickly export all the collected data.
Create a survey
Go to Pages > Create a Page to create a new Survey
1. Go to Pages > Create a Page
2. Click Select under the Survey Page icon
3. Give your Survey Page a name and click Continue
4. From the Survey Settings page, select the Edit button for one of the page sets to begin editing your design.
Pro Tip: Work on your Survey Form first.
5. Build your Survey Form page
- Any form block can be shown or hidden for mobile or desktop.
- Any form block can be hidden in the Page design when the Survey is complete. Deleting it will delete the response data. Learn more
- Set up your styles under STYLESHEET > General Styles or All Blocks to set the design across each page set.
- Click Browse Pages to link to other pages.
- Save your changes periodically as you work.
6. Test your Survey in the editor using full screen mode.
Open the full screen mode by clicking the arrow down the center of the editor. In this mode you will be on the default view state and can fill our the form from start to end.
7. Click Save after edits. Click Exit to leave.
8. Click Edit for Confirmation to continue designing (if needed).
Test survey pages
From the Survey Settings page, you can test your Survey Page Set using the Testing URL. Use this URL within your organization to test your page in multiple browsers before you publish it. Fields can be filled out, but the data will not be saved.
Publish/unpublish survey pages
From the Survey Settings page, click on the Publish button to make your pages live. Confirm you would like to make your page set live by clicking Yes from the confirmation dropdown notification.
The Public URL is the URL your subscribers will see. Copy the correct Public URL to tie responses to subscribers for an email or collect anonymous responses. Any data entered from the public URL will be saved and accessible from the Survey Results page.
Once a page set is published, any edits (saved changes) will be available on your public page after clicking sync. Click Edit to make changes.
To disable a live page set click on the Unpublish button from the Survey Settings page. Once a page is unpublished the public link will no longer be available and a default unavailable page will display if the link is accessed.
Or, from the Pages library, select your page name and click Unpublish.
View survey results
See page results in WordFly and export response data as CSV.