Use a seed list to ensure a group of addresses receive all sent email campaigns.
Topics covered in this article:
A seed list is a common way to include specific addresses on all email campaigns that send for an organization. Seed lists are helpful for confirming email deployments and ensuring that key stakeholders are included in an email deployment regardless of the main list being used.
What to expect for a WordFly seed list:
- A seed list is a single list in your account that will be automatically included on all sent emails.
- Each organization may have one seed list for standard campaigns and one seed list for triggered campaigns.
- Addresses can be added and removed from the seed list at anytime.
- Addresses on the seed list will only receive the email once, even if they are on the main list and the seed list. The seed list is applied second to the main list; therefore, if an address is on the main list that address will receive that version of the email with any personalization provided from the main list.
- Personalization through list data fields will not be applied to any emails received from the seed list. Subscriber data fields may be included if the seed address has updated data in WordFly for subscriber data.
- AB campaign sends will deploy both versions of the email to each address on the seed list.
- Triggered campaigns (CRM integrated accounts) will deploy the email to each address on the seed list every time it sends - unless there are no addresses imported.
- Seed list addresses are included in your Reporting "Sent to" total.
- Any email responses (opens, clicks, unsubscribes, bounces) generated by addresses on the seed list will be included in the reporting stats for the sent email campaign.
- Emails sent to on the seed list will count in monthly totals under the Pay Per Email pricing plan and as active subscribers under the Monthly Subscriber pricing plan.
- Deleting the seed list will effectively remove it from being a seed list and being sent to.
First, create your seed list:
1. Go to Subscriber > Lists
2. Select Create an email list
3. Select one of the options available to import your addresses
4. Name your seed list something specific such as "Seed list"
The name of your list helps to keep this list separate from other subscriber lists in your account.
5. Finish importing addresses into your new seed list
6. [Optional] Assign a Label to your seed list
A label helps to tag this list as a separate list from other lists. Example of a new label could be, "Seed list for all sent emails"
Next, email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which list you would like to become your official seed list. Let us know if you will have separate lists for standard and triggered emails.
Any subscribers imported into this list will be included in all sent email campaigns. Importing new subscribers into this list will add those addresses to the seed list immediately. Be sure to inform your team about the seed list to ensure no accidental imports or deletions occur.