Send an email to all the subscribers that have a specific data field (or who don't have a data field).
Segmentation is a tool in WordFly that allows you to send to just one portion of your subscriber list. You can create a series of conditional statements which segment out subscribers depending on the criteria you set. You can reuse segments in future campaigns as well. Create your segment and give it a name to save the customizations for a quick go-to the next time you would like to send to the same segment.
We'll review how to segment your list by a specific data field.
Topics covered in this article:
Send an email to all the subscribers that have a specific data field (use this option to suppress subscribers who don't have a specific data field!)
1. Set up your email campaign.
2. Under the Subscribers tab, select or import your list.
3. On the List Summary page, select Other things you can do > Segment your list.
4. Select Create a new segment.
5. Select Add data field for your segment.
6. From the available dropdowns, select the following:
- Data Field: Select a specific data field for your needs. Example, Email
- Operator: Select an operator for your segment filter. Example, does not contain
- From the last field, enter data for the condition. Example, Gmail
For the example above, the segment would include subscribers who are not gmail addresses.
7. Select Add to segment
8. Select Apply to list
- Segmentation: Introduction and sending a campaign to a segment of your list
- Segmentation: Save and Export your list's segment
- Segmentation: Manage saved segments
Review some of the most popular ways you can segment your list:
- Segment by data field (Send an email to subscribers with a specific data field)
- Segment by opens (Send an email to subscribers that have opened a specific email)
- Segment by clicks (Send an email to subscribers who clicked on a specific link in a Campaign)
- Segment by preferences (Send an email to subscribers who clicked on a specific link in a Campaign)
- Suppress a sent to list from a new email
- Suppress my WordFly Signup subscribers from a new email
- Suppress 'customers' from my prospect list (CRM integrated accounts)