Geolocation reporting provides a visual guide showing where your subscribers are opening and clicking your emails in the world.
Topics covered in this article:
Geolocation reporting is an interactive map showing where subscribers are opening your emails around the world. Find the map within your email campaign reporting. Use the data to see trends in subscriber locations and where you have the highest concentrations of subscribers.
There are 3 colors present on the map: Red, Orange and Blue. The colors represent a concentration of subscribers.
|COLOR||REPRESENTS SUBSCRIBER CONCENTRATION
|RED||Red represents the most opens, clicks and unsubscribes|
|ORANGE||Orange represents the middle number of opens, clicks and unsubscribes|
|BLUE||Blue represents the lowest number of opens, clicks and unsubscribes|
Each color target will vary in size depending on the traffic in that specific region. Zoom in on a region and the color clusters will disperse to show more granular geolocation targets.
What to expect from Geolocation reporting:
- Geolocation totals are based on email events (opens, clicks, and unsubscribes).
- Locations are based on where an IP address is located. This means that an IP may be in a different location to the physical location of the subscriber.
- The location data is aggregated by common coordinates; for example, if an email is opened twice, and each open is in a different location, a common coordinate will be aggregated to give a smaller data set.
- The 3 colors on the map - red, orange, and blue - represent a concentration of subscribers.
- The map is interactive. Click on the map to zoom in or out.
- Some accounts may not display geolocation data in certain cases. This is under investigation.
Find Geolocation reporting in any email campaign sent after October 2014.
1. Go to Reporting > Sent Email Campaigns.
2. Click on the campaign name you would like to review.
3. When the campaign results load, select the Locations icon.
Once Geolocation has loaded, you can interact with the map by zooming in and reviewing location targets. Hold your cursor on the map and pull the map up, down, left and right to move the map.
Use the zoom toggle on the left side of the screen to zoom in and out on the map. Click the plus sign to zoom in for a micro-level view of a region. Click the minus sign to view your map at a macro-level.
Use the data toggles just above the map to toggle between opens, clicks and unsubscribe data.