You might be working with a vendor on a "retargeting" campaign that requires adding tracking pixels in your website email confirmations and in your email campaigns. Every vendor will provide instructions to help with the placement of the pixels in order for the tracking to work. When it comes to your HTML emails, we have two options for implementing these pixels in emails built in WordFly's Modern Editor.
Topics covered in this article:
This option is quick but it will have to be tested by your vendor to ensure that it is working.
1. In your email, click on a text block towards the end of your email (such as the footer text block).
This will open the Edit Content panel on the left side of the screen.
2. Select the HTML button from the block's Edit Content panel.
2. Paste in the retargeting pixel code inside one of the last paragraph tags (...</p>). Then click I'm Done.
4. Save your Email.
6. Send a test email to your pixel vendor to test the retargeting.
In order to make sure your tracking pixel is invisible to the subscriber receiving your email and works without issue, you will need to make sure it is added to the end of the HTML just before the closing body tag. This is a bullet proof option for implementing these pixels.
1. First, finish adding all of your content to your Email.
2. On the left side of Modern Editor, click on the HTML tab in the lower left corner.
3. Scroll down the HTML to the closing </body> tag.
4. Hit Enter to add a return before that body tag.
5. Add the retargeting tracking pixel like our example below.
The example below is our WordFly tracking pixel, adding your tracking pixel in the same way will ensure it is hidden from view.
<img src="http://tracking.wordfly.com//open?sid=MTZfMzQ2Nl8yNF83MTA2" width="1" height="1" border="0" style="position:absolute; left: -10000px;">
7. Click the 'HTML' tab to close the HTML editor.
8. Save your Email.
9. Send a test email to your pixel vendor to test the retargeting.