You might be working with a vendor on a "retargeting" campaign that requires adding tracking pixels in your website email confirmations and in your email campaigns. Every vendor will provide instructions to help with the placement of the pixels in order for the tracking to work. When it comes to your HTML emails, we have two options for implementing these pixels in emails.
This option is quick but it will have to be tested by your vendor to ensure that it is working.
1. In your Template, open up a text area and select the HTML icon in the editor.
2. Paste in the retargeting pixel code inside one of the last parapgraph tags (...</p>)
3. Click update in the HTML view.
4. Click Done in the text editor.
5. Save your Template.
6. Send a test email to your pixel vendor to test the retargeting.
In order to make sure your tracking pixel is invisible to the subscriber receiving your email and works without issue, you will need to make sure it is added to the end of the HTML just before the closing body tag. This does require more work but it is the bullet proof option for implementing these pixels.
1. First, finish adding all of your content to your Template.
2. On the Template landing page, select View HTML Code.
3. Select all of the HTML and copy it.
4. Paste the HTML into a Notepad document.
5. Find the last body tag <tbody> in the HTML. Hit Enter to add a return after that body tag.
You should see the WordFly tracking pixel in there where this last body tag is located.
6. Add the retargeting tracking pixel like our example below. The example below is our WordFly tracking pixel, adding your tracking pixel in the same way will ensure it is hidden from view.
<img src="http://tracking.wordfly.com//open?sid=MTZfMzQ2Nl8yNF83MTA2" width="1" height="1" border="0" style="position:absolute; left: -10000px;">
7. Copy all the HTML in your notepad document.
8. Go into WordFly and select Campaigns > Templates > Create a New Template.
9. Select Use My Own Code. Paste in your copied HTML into the HTML area of the Template. Save your Template.
10. Go to your Campaign, under the Email Template tab select your new Template (with the retargeting pixel added)!