List Manager lists are usually lists that you will use over and over again. List Manager lists are the only types of lists that can be used by triggered email campaigns in WordFly (and the list can be marked as dynamic).
This article will explain the basics of creating your List Manager list in Tessitura for import into WordFly. For more information or technical advice about List Manager lists, please reach out to Tessitura support for expert guidance.
Topics covered in this article:
1. In Tessitura, from the main navigation select Tools > List Manager.
2. Scroll down to the end of the screen and select “New List” from the List Functions area.
3. This brings up your criteria window, drag criteria from the left side to the criteria panel.
This is where you setup your list criteria. Your list criteria defines who receives the email. Open folders on the left to see specific criteria options.
4. When you are done, select “Close”.
5. A new window pops up to allow you to name the list and Save it.
6. A new window appears after saving. In this window be sure to:
- Name: This becomes the name of the List Manager list. Omit special characters (~`!@#$%^&*+=) when naming your lists.
- TMS Box: This has to be checked for WordFly to see the List Manager list.
- Control Group: This has to be the same control group used by the TMS_User for your WordFly TR_Organization ID. Many times this is the default control group. Consortium sub-licenses will need to know the correct control group to select.
- (optional / Triggered Campaign requirement) Check the Dynamic box
(*'Dynamic' means the list will automatically update/generate with the latest subscribers at the time WordFly imports the list from Tessitura.)
That’s it! The list should show up in WordFly after it is created.
1. The most common issues are not checking the TMS box and also not selecting the correct Control Group. If these are set up correctly then we suggest enabling Tessitura logging to get more specific information. Instructions for enabling logging can be found here.
2. Sometimes the list isn’t importing because of the promotions being generated in Tessitura. To test for this issue, try importing the list into WordFly without selecting an Appeal. Please email us if you need to investigate this.
3. If the list still doesn’t import without an appeal selected then the list is likely timing out before it even gets over to WordFly. If it takes more than 15 minutes to generate in Tessitura then you should work with Tessitura support on optimizations to your list criteria and output set. Lists with more than 6 criteria can cause this problem, as well as when the list suppressions are at the end of the list criteria.