List Manager lists are typically lists that you will use over and over again. They are the only types of lists that can be used by triggered email campaigns in WordFly (and the list can be marked as dynamic).
Creating a List Manager list in Tessitura
1. In the top menu in Tessitura, select Tools > List Manager
2. In the List Functions section, click New
3. In the new window, start adding your list criteria
On the Criteria tab, click Add Criteria. Your list criteria defines who will be included in the list when it is generated. There is no need to select an output set in this view. You will select an output set when you import the list on the WordFly side.
4. When you are done, click Save
5. A Save As window appears after saving
In this window be sure to:
- Give the list a name
This name becomes the name of the List Manager list. Omit special characters (~`!@#$%^&*+=) when naming your lists.
- Check the TMS box
This is required for WordFly to see the List Manager list.
- Select the Control Group that WordFly has access to
This must be the same control group used by the TMS_User for your WordFly TR_Organization ID. Many times this is the Default Control Group. Consortium sublicensees will need to know the correct control group to select.
- (Optional) Check the Dynamic box
Dynamic means the list will automatically update/generate with the latest subscribers at the time WordFly imports the list from Tessitura. This is usually checked for triggered campaign lists. When you check the dynamic option, your list in WordFly will display 0 subscribers before the list is imported (this is expected).
The list should show up in WordFly after it is created.
Troubleshooting List Manager list imports
List Manager lists are generated in Tessitura, just like Extractions. WordFly requests the list and stored procedures in Tessitura generate the list. WordFly imports the generated file when it is ready. When List Manager lists aren’t working as expected, check these points:
Is the list not displaying in WordFly?
Make sure the TMS box is checked and the correct control group is selected for the list.
Is the list generating successfully in Tessitura?
Sometimes the list isn’t successfully generating in Tessitura. This could be due to promotions timing out. But it is more commonly connected to an issue with the list or output set criteria generation. To test for this issue, try one of the following:
- Try importing the list into WordFly without selecting promotion attributes (appeal, media, and source group). Is it successful? If yes, then the promotion attributes may be causing a timeout in Tessitura.
- Try generating the list and output set in Tessitura as the WordFly user. The WordFly User is defined in T_Defaults as the TMS User. Note that only system administrators can generate lists that they don’t personally create, so only if the TMS User is also set as a system administrator can it generate a list in the UI. Otherwise, the test can be done in SQL Management Studio calling the stored procedures.
Testing with the WordFly User is ideal because this user has a control group security. Running the list and output set this way can identify control group issues with the list criteria or output set elements. Take note of the generation in Tessitura. If there is an error, this should be resolved in Tessitura. If it takes more than 15 minutes to generate in Tessitura, then you should work on criteria optimizations.
The procedures called when a List Manager list is generated in Tessitura are:
- STEP 1: GENERATE LIST & PROMOTIONS: wp_tms_generate_list
- STEP 2: GENERATE OUTPUT SET & ATTACH TO LIST: wp_tms_get_list_data
Enable Tessitura logging for more details
If these are set up correctly, we suggest enabling Tessitura logging to get more specific information. Instructions for enabling logging