Extractions are typically one time list pulls. This is a high-level overview of creating an Extraction that will be available to import into WordFly. For more information or technical advice, please reach out to Tessitura support for expert guidance.
Topics covered in this article:
1. In Tessitura, select “Go to” from the top navigation and then select “Extraction Manager”.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “new”.
3. Under New Extraction, fill out:
- Description: This becomes the name of the Extraction. Omit special characters (~`!@#$%^&*+=) when naming your Extractions.
- Appeal No: This has to be written in for WordFly to see the Extraction.
- TMS box: This has to be checked for WordFly to see the Extraction.
- Control Group: This has to be the same control group used by the TMS_User for your WordFly TR_Organization ID. Many times this is the default control group. Consortium sub-licenses will need to know the correct control group to select.
*learn more about v12 communication updates by checking out this post
4. On this same page, scroll down to the bottom, select “new” from the lower left corner. This adds a new segment to the Extraction. Give the segment a name in the Description field.
5. With the new segment present, double click anywhere on the segment. This brings up your criteria window. Now you can add all the specific criteria for this segment. This is a drag and drop window. Pull your criteria over from the left side into the criteria pane. When you are done, select “Close”.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the Extraction again, select “save” in the lower right corner.
7. When it is done saving, scroll to the bottom of the Extraction again, select “close” in the lower right corner.
8. Under Extraction Manager, with the new Extraction highlighted, go the “Extraction Manager” in the top navigation and select “Generate Counts”.
9. This little window shows up, usually you won’t have to make any changes, just select “OK”. And then select “Yes” from the next window. This will get your Extraction to start counting the recipients of this Extraction set.
10. When the Extraction is done counting, it will be in an “Open” status. At this time you can actually create the Extraction for WordFly! Under Extraction Manager, with the new Extraction highlighted, go the “Extraction Manager” in the top navigation and select “Extract Constituents”.
11. This brings up a new window to finish your Extraction!
- Select the ‘File’ radial button from the Extract Constituents window. This allows the actual file to be collected by WordFly for import.
- [v11 Tessitura interface] Check the boxes ‘Generate Source Codes’ and ‘Create Promotions Now’. This allows email responses (opens, clicks, unsubscribes, bounces) to be sent back to WordFly after an email is sent.
- [v12 Tessitura interface] Select a source from the ‘Generate Source Codes’ dropdown and then check the box ‘Create Promotions Now’.
- Tab-delimited should be selected.
- Select an Output Set OR keep this selected as (none). The '(none)' option will use the default Tessitura Extraction output set which includes a standard list of data. If you want additional data for more email personalization, create a new output set or select a specific output set.
v11 interface of Extraction Manager > Extract Constituents...
v12 interface of Extraction Manager > Extract Constituents...
Check out this support post if you run into any issues with your Extraction.
Or, email us for one-on-one guidance!