Create an Extraction in Tessitura
1. Create your extraction set in Tessitura
In the Extraction Manager, click New. On the Extraction Details screen, fill out:
This becomes the name of the extraction. Omit special characters (~`!@#$%^&*+=) when naming your extractions.
- Appeal No
This has to be written in for WordFly to see the extraction
- TMS box
This has to be checked for WordFly to see the extraction
- Control Group
This has to be the same control group used by the TMS_User for your WordFly TR_Organization ID. Many times this is the default control group. Consortium sub-licensees will need to know the correct control group to select.
2. Add segment(s) to the extraction set
Click New at the bottom of the screen to add a segment to the extraction. Double-click anywhere on the segment to open the List Criteria window to set up your criteria. Add all the specific criteria for this segment. When you are done, select Close.
Click Close when you’re done adding your list criteria.
Click Save at the bottom of the Extraction Details screen. When it is done saving, click Close.
3. Generate counts for the extraction set
Highlight your new extraction, then select Generate Counts from the Extraction Manager menu. From the Generate Counts window, click OK and Yes to confirm. This will trigger your extraction to start counting the constituents that meet the list criteria. When the extraction is done counting, it will be in an Open status.
4. Extract constituents to a file
Highlight the extraction again and select Extract Constituents from the Extraction Manager menu. In the Extract Constituents screen, finish the extraction:
- Select the File radio button. This allows the actual file to be collected by WordFly for import.
- Select an option from the Generate Source Codes dropdown
- Check the Create Promotions Now box
- Tab-Delimited should be selected
- Select an Output Set –or– leave it set to (none). The '(none)' option will use the default Tessitura Extraction output set which includes a standard list of data. If you want additional data for more email personalization, create a new output set or select a specific output set.
Check out this article if you run into any issues with your extraction.