Sending reminder emails to your patrons is a great way to connect with your subscribers before their show. Use Triggered Campaigns in WordFly to send pre-show emails. Triggered Campaigns are set up one time and sent at regular intervals to any subscribers that meet your Tessitura list criteria.
We’ve put together a basic example of Tessitura list criteria for a reminder email list! Follow the steps in this post to get started. If you need additional help, please reach out to Tessitura Support for expert advice.
Topics covered in this article:
Let’s look at three questions for the Dynamic List Manager list criteria:
• Is the subscriber coming to the show?
• Does the subscriber have an email?
• Has the subscriber opted out from anything?
Where does this information live in Tessitura?
• Ticket history is usually on the household in Tessitura.
• Emails can exist on Household, Affiliates and Individuals. Both a Household and their multiple affiliates can have emails.
Build your List Manager list criteria in Tessitura:
- Use this criteria with the “> =” operator. Your value will include DayRunDate and you can specify details here. In our example below we use +2 here but you can also use +1. Decide what works best for who you would like it to pull when the list is imported.
- Use this criteria again with “< =” operator. Your value will include DayRunDate and you can specify details here. In our example below we use +3 here but you can also use +1. Decide what works best for who you would like it to pull when the list is imported.
“Ticketing Performance Name”
This comes from Ticket history. Your value will need to match your specific performance code and not the one in our example below.
- Eaddress Purpose (to pull addresses with specific contact purposes). You can also use Interests and Attributes to fine tune the communication preferences.
- (Optional consideration) Eaddress Inactive in ‘No’ to pull only active emails.
- (Optional consideration) Another consideration would be to add “Primary Eaddress Flag” has ‘Yes’ to pull an email addressed marked as primary address (a primary Eaddress can’t be inactive so you don’t have to check for that)
(Optional consideration) Subscription Season does not have ‘Current Season’. Single ticket buyers only!
Don’t forget to suppress any addresses that have restrictions under the subscriber’s record on the General Tab > Emarket Restriction.
Example of list criteria with other considerations:
*Note: Checking the ‘Search Household’ check-box will include both the household and the primary affiliates into the pool of people included in the email list. This does limit the patrons pulled to household and primary affiliates only.
Typically a reminder email will contain performance date and performance name information for the subscriber's email. The output set elements for performance date and performance name usually have a * next to the element. This symbol means the element returns multiple rows per subscriber, which unfortunately means WordFly can't use this output set.
How do you include elements that return multiple rows? You can create a custom output set using SQL or use a custom view.
We have put together an example of a SQL output set that might help your team. Since every Tessitura database is different you will need to review this with your team to ensure the examples will work with your data. The SQL will need to be modified to work for your database.
Example of elements to include in the reminder output set:
- Customer Name
- Inside Salutation
- Performance Date
- Performance Name
This is where the custom SQL or referencing a custom view comes in handy for your output set. If you need guidance in creating this in Tessitura we recommend reaching out to Tessitura Support.