Sending reminder emails to your patrons is a great way to connect with your subscribers before their show. Use Triggered Campaigns in WordFly to send pre-show emails. Triggered Campaigns are set up one time and sent at regular intervals to any subscribers that meet your Tessitura list criteria.
We’ve put together a basic example of Tessitura list criteria for a reminder email list! Follow the steps in this post to get started. If you need additional help, please reach out to Tessitura Support for expert advice.
Topics covered in this article:
Let’s look at three questions for the Dynamic List Manager list criteria:
• Is the subscriber coming to the show?
• Does the subscriber have an email?
• Has the subscriber opted out from anything?
Where does this information live in Tessitura?
• Ticket history is usually on the household in Tessitura.
• Emails can exist on Household, Affiliates and Individuals. Both a Household and their multiple affiliates can have emails.
Build your List Manager list criteria in Tessitura:
- Use this criteria with the “> =” operator. Your value will include DayRunDate and you can specify details here. In our example below we use +2 here but you can also use +1. Decide what works best for who you would like it to pull when the list is imported.
- Use this criteria again with “< =” operator. Your value will include DayRunDate and you can specify details here. In our example below we use +3 here but you can also use +1. Decide what works best for who you would like it to pull when the list is imported.
“Ticketing Performance Name”
This comes from Ticket history. Your value will need to match your specific performance code and not the one in our example below.
- Eaddress Purpose (to pull addresses with specific contact purposes). You can also use Interests and Attributes to fine tune the communication preferences.
- (Optional consideration) Eaddress Inactive in ‘No’ to pull only active emails.
- (Optional consideration) Another consideration would be to add “Primary Eaddress Flag” has ‘Yes’ to pull an email addressed marked as primary address (a primary Eaddress can’t be inactive so you don’t have to check for that)
(Optional consideration) Subscription Season does not have ‘Current Season’. Single ticket buyers only!
Don’t forget to suppress any addresses that have restrictions under the subscriber’s record on the General Tab > Emarket Restriction.
Example of list criteria with other considerations:
*Note: Checking the ‘Search Household’ check-box will include both the household and the primary affiliates into the pool of people included in the email list. This does limit the patrons pulled to household and primary affiliates only.
Your output set provides the data for your list import. You will need to include any data that needs to be included in the body of the email through data fields as well as email address.
Typically a reminder email will contain performance date and performance name information for the subscriber's email. By default, these output set elements have a * which indicates the element returns multiple rows per subscriber; unfortunately, these elements cannot be used for email lists.
How do you include elements that return multiple rows? In Tessitura, the most common workaround is to use a custom view to pull the data and create a custom output set element that references the custom view. This option will help you return the data you need for the element as a single row of data for each subscriber. Note: In your custom output set element you will likely still have to check the box to 'return single row' before the element is working as it should.
If you need additional help with your output set, please reach out to Tessitura Support for expert advice.