To make sure that event responses like opens, clicks, and unsubscribes are tracking back to Tessitura, follow these steps to test the connection.
Setting up and testing a Tessitura email campaign
Step 1 :: Create a test campaign.
- Go to Email > Send an Email.
- On the Settings tab, enter some data for your test campaign.
Step 2 :: Import a Tessitura "test" subscriber list.
Under the Subscriber List tab, go through the steps of importing your list from Tessitura. Check out the support post links below for your Tessitura import options.
Step 3 :: Send the test campaign and have the recipients open the email, click, etc.
You should also have one or two individuals test the Unsubscribe link. Just make sure you resubscribe the individual later in Tessitura as well as resubscribing them in WordFly.
Step 4 :: You should see campaign results immediately in WordFly.
- Go to Reporting > View Reporting.
- Hover over the name of the Campaign and select View Results.
- You will see Campaign Results on the Overview page. Select different tabs on this page to see results for Opens, Clicks, Unsubscribes, Hard Bounces, Soft Bounces, etc.
Step 5 :: You should see Campaign email responses in Tessitura as well.
You should see campaign responses in T_PROMOTIONS. Click on the PDF guide attached to this article to learn more about the promotions diagram.
6. In Tessitura, these email responses should also update the subscriber's constituent record in Tessitura.
This happens by way of the LP_UPDATE_EMAIL_PROMOTION stored local procedure. If you're not seeing these email responses on the customer record, please have your team check that the stored procedure is set up and ready for prime time. It should be configured to remove opt-outs, hard bounces, and abuse complaints immediately.