You can always import your Tessitura lists as CSV files. This is a useful workaround if your WordFly-Tessitura integration is down for any reason. WordFly can even send email response data back to Tessitura as long as the list was first promoted in Tessitura and includes customer number, source number, and download number.
Generating an Extraction file for WordFly to manually upload
- Select an Appeal for the Extraction.
- Check the TMS box for the Extraction.
- Run the Extract Constituent step as usual.
- In the Extract Constituent step, check Create Promotions Now. This step promotes the list in Tessitura and ensures that email response data such as opens, clicks and opt-outs are sent back to Tessitura.
- For help exporting the Extraction as a CSV file, please consult with Tessitura support documentation.
Generating a List Manager list for WordFly to manually upload
- Check the TMS box for the List Manager list.
- Promote the List Manager list with an Appeal.
- Generate the List Manager list with your Output Set (this provides the data for your list). The Output Set must return unique customer records and not multiple rows per subscriber.
- For help exporting the List Manager list as a CSV file, please consult with Tessitura support documentation.
Upload your CSV list into WordFly
Once you have your list ready you can follow these instructions for importing your CSV file outside a Campaign under Subscribers > Subscriber Lists. The process is the same within a Campaign under the Subscribers tab.
1. Go to Subscribers > Lists
2. Select Create an email list.
3. Select Import list from file
4. Name your file and click Continue.
5. Select your file for import and click I'm done.
- Browse to your file.
- Select the type of file you are importing (CSV, pipe-delimited, or tab-delimited).
- Note: If you're a MAC user, you should see a message asking you to save the file as a "windows comma separated" file type.
- Check the box for "First row contains column names" to help with the mapping fields step.
5. Map your list fields to corresponding data fields in WordFly.
- This step is how WordFly knows what data to import for your Data Fields. Data Fields must be mapped for personalization in your email design to work.
- To map fields, select "Change" on the far right. Then the middle column (WordFly Fields) will display all available data fields. Select the appropriate one that matches the data in the far left column (Your Fields).
- WordFly will automatically map as many fields as possible based on the last time you imported a list with similar fields.
- You must map the WordFly "Email" field before you'll be able to continue.
- Be sure to map customer number, source number and download number so that email responses go back to Tessitura for this list.
6. Click Start Importing.