You can always import your Tessitura lists as CSV files. This is a useful workaround if your WordFly-Tessitura integration is down for any reason. WordFly will send email response data back to Tessitura as long as the list was promoted in Tessitura and includes customer number, source number, and download number in the list data.
Generating an Extraction file for manual upload
- Select an Appeal for the Extraction.
- Check the TMS box for the Extraction.
- Run the Extract Constituent step as usual.
- In the Extract Constituent step, check Create Promotions Now. This step promotes the list in Tessitura and ensures that email response data such as opens, clicks and opt-outs are sent back to Tessitura.
- Find the file in your Extractions output / pick up folder defined in T_Defaults. You may need to work with your database administrator of you don't have access to the Extraction folder.
Upload your CSV list into WordFly
Once you have your list ready, import your CSV file under Email > Email Campaigns or under Subscribers > Lists. Follow these instructions to import your list under Subscribers > Lists. The process is the same within a email campaign under the Subscribers tab.
1. Go to Subscribers > Lists.
2. Select Create an email list.
3. Select Import list from file.
4. Name your file and click Continue.
5. Select your file for import and click I'm done.
- Browse to your file.
- Select the type of file you are importing (CSV, pipe-delimited, or tab-delimited).
- Note: If you're a MAC user, you should see a message asking you to save the file as a "windows comma separated" file type.
- Check the box for "First row contains column names" to help with the mapping fields step.
5. Map your list fields to corresponding data fields in WordFly.
- This step is how WordFly knows what data to import for your Data Fields. Data Fields must be mapped for personalization in your email design to work.
- To map fields, select "Change" on the far right. Then the middle column (WordFly Fields) will display all available data fields. Select the appropriate one that matches the data in the far left column (Your Fields).
- WordFly will automatically map as many fields as possible based on the last time you imported a list with similar fields.
- You must map the WordFly "Email" field before you'll be able to continue.
- Be sure to map customer number, source number and download number so that email responses go back to Tessitura for this list.
6. Click Start Importing.