In this article
Create as many new users as you need for your team members to access WordFly. Each person should have their own user account and login. Use account permissions to control which features they can view and use.
What to expect:
- First name, last name, and email address are required for new user accounts.
- Be sure to flag Account, Billing and Technical contacts when applicable. There should be at least one primary contact for each of these in your account.
- An email will be sent to the new user with login details. The email has the subject line Welcome to WordFly and the from/reply-to address is email@example.com.
- Missing the welcome email? Try checking your spam folder—or—Add the from/reply-to address firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list and use the Forgot Password link to send a new password.
- Each new user should have their own login. No shared logins, please.
1. Go to Account.
2. Select Users.
3. Select Add a New User.
4. Complete the new user form and check all boxes relating to the user's permissions.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to flag Account, Billing and Technical contacts when applicable. There should be at least one primary contact for each of these in your account.
5. Click Save to create the new user login.
Each WordFly account has a few different levels of access for users. Permissions can be granted to specific areas in WordFly like Account, Reporting, Subscribers, Design Library, and Email. Users can have access to only one section or to multiple sections.
Permission options in Account > Users > Manage Users
Account permission gives users access to anything under the Account section. This includes areas such as Organization Info, Labels, Settings (Account options, Email Settings), Billing (Email Pricing Plan, Inbox Preview Plan), and Custom Pages (Forward to a Friend, Unsubscribe).
There are two additional privileges that can be granted under Account.
|Allows access to configure the CRM integrations.|
|Manage Users||Allows access to create new users and update access for current users.|
Reporting permission gives users access to all reporting in WordFly. Users can export data, run a report, compare campaigns, and download reports. Users may also delete reports.
Subscriber permissions give access to importing addresses into WordFly through any available option. This also allows access to search for subscribers. In addition, this section also grants access to Data Fields and Dynamic tags. Users may delete lists, data fields and dynamic tags.
Email permissions give access to viewing and starting email campaigns.
A few additional privileges can be granted:
|Test Email||Allows users to send test emails to recipients under the testing tab of the campaign.|
|Deploy Email||Allows users to actually send the email to subscribers in a campaign.|
DESIGN LIBRARY PERMISSIONS
Design Library permissions give access to WordFly Editors (Modern Editor, Pages Editor, Blocks Editor, Image Editor), as well as the Media library and Classic Editor legacy tools (background themes and content themes).
Users with Design Library access can do the following actions:
- Upload, organize, and delete any media files in the Media section.
- Edit images with Image Editor.
- Use the Blocks Editor to create custom blocks for use in email and page designs.
- Create/Edit/Delete Email Templates
- Access the Media folder link in the Pages sub-nav.
- A different editing tool is used for Account > Custom Pages (unsubscribe, subscribe, and forward to a friend pages).
- Create/Edit/Delete Background Themes
- Create/Edit/Delete Content Themes
SMS permissions give access to the SMS feature in WordFly. Only accounts that have SMS enabled can access the feature.
IMPORTANT: To test and deploy SMS messages the user must also have 'Subscriber' permissions.
A couple additional privileges can be granted:
|Test SMS||Test SMS messages to a mobile number.|
|Deploy SMS||Deploy SMS messages to an SMS list.|
Pages permissions give access to creating a Page in Modern Editor.
One additional privilege can be granted:
|Publish Pages||Users may publish Pages to live.|
Note: Users will need Design Library access for the Media folder link to show up in the Pages sub-nav. Without this permission, they can still add images in the pages editor. If a user has Design Library access for Email, they will automatically have it for Pages. The Media library is the same for both Email and Pages.
Protect your data. If someone leaves your organization that had access to WordFly, you should delete their user account so that it cannot be used to access WordFly.
1. Go to Account.
2. Select Users.
3. Select the user you would like to delete by clicking on their name.
4. Once on the user's account page, select the Delete user button.
5. Confirm that you would like to delete the user by clicking Yes from the pop up.