The Unsubscribe link is required in all of your WordFly emails. This is not only part of our Acceptable User Policy that all users must agree to, it is also US and Canadian law. Make sure you have your Unsubscribe landing page set up in WordFly and that you have the dynamic Unsubscribe link added to all your email designs.
When a subscriber clicks the Unsubscribe link in your email, they’ll see the basic, non-branded page that come standard with WordFly. This page lets them know they have been unsubscribed from your list.
Before branding your unsubscribe page you should decide if you would like to use the one-step or the two-step unsubscribe. Make sure you're following best practices for your unsubscribe page as well.
Topics covered in this article:
Decide if you would like to have a one- or two-step unsubscribe process. One-step will unsubscribe a subscriber with one-click on the unsubscribe link in their email. Two-step will take the subscriber to a new landing page after the first click, at this point the subscriber can modify their email preferences or confirm their unsubscribe. If a subscriber lands on the two-step unsubscribe page they will see boxes checked for any preferences they are signed up to receive and unchecked boxes for any preferences they can sign up to receive.
1. Go to Account.
2. Select Unsubscribe Options > Settings.
3. Select the radial button for the unsubscribe option you would like to enable.
Two-Step Unsubscribe has the option of displaying Preferences on the unsubscribe landing page. Learn about setting up preferences here. Preferences allow subscribers to modify the email lists they are receiving.
*Are you a Tessitura integrated WordFly account? Learn more about setting up preferences in this post!
Here's how to update your WordFly landing pages with your organization's branding:
1. Go to Account.
2. Select Unsubscribe Options > Pages.
3. You can update the Unsubscribe pages just as you would an email template.
Here are some things you can do:
- Hover over the text area to update the content
- The brown "You've been unsubscribed" banner image can be removed and replaced with your own banner image.
- Add a Content Theme or Background Theme to complete the customized look-and-feel of your pages. For help on using Themes, check the Email Design section of the Support site.
(For one-step unsubscribe there will be one landing page to customize; for two-step unsubscribe there will be three pages to customize as shown in the example below.)
4. Be sure to click "Save Template" to save your changes.
5. To go back to the WordFly default design, select Revert to WordFly Default in the Other Things You Can Do dropdown menu. It will automatically be published.
6. Select “Save and Publish” at the end of this page to make your updates live to subscribers immediately.
(Refresh the page to see a date/time stamp of when you published this page. If you have selected two-step unsubscribe you will have 3 pages to ‘Save and Publish’.)
WordFly provides the option to host your own unsubscribe landing page. This way when a subscriber clicks on the unsubscribe link in your sent email they will be redirected to a landing page that is hosted by your organization. The unsubscribe event is still logged in WordFly as well. This option can only use the one-step unsubscribe process.
To set up your hosted unsubscribe landing page:
|Tip: Enable one-step unsubscribe under Account > Unsubscribe Settings before completing other steps listed here.|
1. First, create the landing page on our website
Once the page exists, copy the URL to your hosted landing page.
2. Log into your WordFly account
3. Go to Subscribers > Dynamic tags
4. Select Create a new tag
5. Make these selections:
- From the 'Which type of tag?' dropdown select Link.
- Enter a name for the tag in the Name field.
- From the Link type dropdown select Unsubscribe.
- In the Link text field enter what you want your link to display as in your email design.
- For Confirmation Page, select the second radial ''
- In the URL field, paste in the URL for your hosted unsubscribe landing page.
6. Click Save.
Now you can copy and insert this dynamic tag into your email template design. When a subscriber clicks on this unsubscribe link they will be taken to your hosted landing page.
How do I set up my unsubscribe landing page?