WordFly tracking allows you to see how many subscribers in your email campaign clicked on the links from your email. All links are tracked by default and will appear like this when loaded in the browser "...". You can always turn off tracking on a link-by-link basis in your campaign under the Testing > Full Review section of your email campaign. This support article will cover how to customize your tracking link to use a specific domain rather than the default " ...".
How to setup your custom tracking domain
Customizing your domain in tracking URLs requires a little setup on your side and in WordFly, too. When enabled, your custom URL will replace "http://tracking.wordfly.com" in all of your tracked links, e.g., "http://email.yourdomain.org".
You will need to work with your IT department to setup the DNS hosting for your domain. Provide PART 1 instructions to your IT team before doing the steps in PART 2.
PART 1: Work with your IT department to set up the DNS hosting of your domain.
1. Decide what you would like your custom domain to be.
Your custom tracking URL should be something similar to your main sending domain but still separate. For example if your domain is "wordfly.com" you might consider using "email.wordfly.com" as your custom tracking URL. Keep it simple and think of what will be most recognizable to your subscribers.
2. Log into the DNS hosting your domain.
3. Create a subdomain or alias, e.g., email.yourdomain.org.
*Refer to notes under step 1 above
4. Create a CNAME record for your subdomain and point it to "tracking.wordfly.com".
*Note: A CNAME (Also known as "canonical name") cannot have any other records associated with it, such as A or MX records
5. Perform a DNS lookup to confirm that your subdomain is pointing to tracking.wordfly.com.
Here's a tool for DNS lookup: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx. Do a CNAME lookup. The subdomain should resolve to tracking.wordfly.com when tested.
PART 2: Configure WordFly to use your custom domain.
1. In WordFly, go to Account.
2. Select Account Options.
3. Select the "Enable custom tracking URLs for email links" checkbox.
4. Enter your custom URL (e.g., email.yourdomain.org).
5. Click the Test URL button.
We'll verify that the DNS is set up correctly.
6. If the domain is valid, click Save at the bottom of the page.
This will set up our servers to accept traffic from your new subdomain. The tracking URL change will go into effect immediately and all of the tracking links in new sent campaigns or new test emails will use the new custom tracking URL.
Previously sent campaigns before this change will continue to use the default tracking.wordfly.com URL.
7. Open any campaign and send a test email.
8. Verify that the new custom domain is in use by loading a link from the campaign.
For example, load the 'view email as webpage' link to verify the tracking link is updated.