Calendar reminders are a nice addition to your design when sharing an event. Recipients can click on the calendar reminder and save important dates to their calendars.
Topics covered in this article:
Our examples are from Outlook since most organizations use this email client for their internal emails. This type of calendar reminder is an ics file which will work across all devices and platforms.
1. Create a New Appointment.
Fill our the appointment with all the applicable event information.
2. Under Save As, select Save As type “iCalendar Format (*.ics)”.
This defaults to “Save Selected Appointment”, make sure to have this radial selected so that you aren’t saving out your entire calendar.
Tip: It's best practice to avoid spaces and special characters in your file names.
Host the saved .ics file on your web server or in another publicly accessible location.
In your Modern Editor design, add your calendar link it to an image area or to a text link.
1. Open your design in Modern Editor.
2. Click on an image block from the preview panel (right side).
3. Insert your calendar link in the “href” field from the editor content panel (left side).
You can also add a calendar link to text areas of your design. There are two options to add your image in a text editor. Click on any text block to open the edit content panel (left side).
- In the text editor, highlight a word or image, then select the link icon to add the calendar link address.
- Or, select the HTML button to add your calendar link directly in the HTML code. Your link code will look like this example: "<a href="http://www.wordfly.com/media/WordFlySchoolReminder.ics">