In this article
We’ve packed the top desktop, mobile, and webmail clients right into WordFly, so you can review your emails without ever leaving your browser. Just send one test, then flip through the previews.
Inbox Preview: Basic Plan
The Basic Plan comes with every WordFly account. You receive a limited number of free previews each month with WordFly. When you send your tests, you’ll see how many credits you have remaining on your account for that month. When you’ve reached your limit for the month, you can’t send more tests.
Inbox Preview: Unlimited Plan
The Unlimited Plan is available to every account, you can choose to upgrade to unlimited previews anytime. Go to Account > Inbox Previews and click Upgrade Now to select the unlimited plan. The plan is effective immediately. You will be billed each month unless you decide to return to the basic plan.
1. Go to Emails > Email Campaigns and open your In Progress email campaign.
2. Click on the Testing tab of the email campaign.
3. Under the Inbox Preview section, select Send a new test.
4. Select the tests you wish to view by adjusting the toggles for email clients.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Start test.
The page will process the tests and within a few minutes you should see your tests come back as a preview.
6. Preview your tests by clicking on the blue links or using the arrow.
What to expect with Inbox Preview tests:
- Each email client you select counts as one preview, e.g., Outlook 2019, Gmail in Firefox, or SpamAssassin
- A limited number of free previews are offered for the basic plan. When you send your tests, you’ll see how many credits you have remaining on your account for that month.
- Upgrade to unlimited previews anytime. Go to Account > Inbox Preview pricing plan for details.
- SpamAssassin scans your email for a spam rating. Learn more
- Results can take a few minutes to return. If they take longer, check status.litmus.com for any known issues.
- To run an Inbox Preview test, we send the email to a unique Litmus email address. These addresses show up in Subscriber Search with the @emailtests.com domain.
You have the option to send a SpamAssassin test in WordFly’s Inbox Preview tool. The test will run, and a score will return. Scores between 0-3 are best and mean your email should have good deliverability. Any score above 6.3 will likely trigger a spam block at the receiving ISP. It is possible to receive negative scores. Any score below 0 is perfectly acceptable.
Note: Only the HTML version is sent. This returns results that the message is missing a text version, "Your email doesn't include a plain text alternative to your HTML content. It’s best practice to always include a plain text part in your email."
How SpamAssassin works
SpamAssassin applies some rules and filters to your email message to determine if it is spam or not. It is mainly looking at the body or header fields of the message to make a decision. The content of the email is not reviewed. Header content includes details about your DKIM record, IP address, and the WordFly SPF. These elements are all part of your WordFly infrastructure that we manage for you.
SpamAssassin is a good general test to start and then run your own tests to various ISP accounts to see how your email gets through. ISPs all filter differently. Paid email services such as Comcast always filter more vigorously. Gmail is great for content filter testing. Read more about how to stay out of the spam folder.