If you’ve sent a test email through WordFly and it’s not showing up in your inbox, there are some things to check.
Troubleshooting test emails not arriving in the inbox
Sometimes your test emails can sneak into spam (or junk) folder. This could happen if the word Test was included in the test subject line. It also might happen if your from/reply-to address is not safelisted.
- Try adding your organizations From/Reply to address(es) in WordFly to your email client safelist.
- If possible, ask your IT team to add your From/Reply to address(es) to your email security safelist.
It’s very common for organizations to have email protection services in place that keep unwanted emails from reaching users. This is a good thing because spoofing and phishing emails are real threats. Sometimes, these filters will also block WordFly emails because your emails are configured to look like they are sent from your organization.
- Ask your IT team safelist your WordFly IP address. If you don’t know your WordFly IP address please email us and we’ll let you know.
- Review your email server logs for incoming traffic from your WordFly IP. This can help with troubleshooting.
- Additionally, you may need to open a support ticket with your network provider to investigate what is happening to traffic from your WordFly IP. This may require a safelisting at the provider level. If you need to include WordFly in the conversation, please reach out.
If you’ve checked everything and you’re still not receiving test emails you’ll want to check that you didn’t unsubscribe from a previous email. You can use the Subscriber Search feature in WordFly to look up your subscriber profile and confirm your sending status. If you do have an unsubscribe preventing emails to your address, you can clear the unsubscribe on your profile.
Follow us on our status pages to keep up on any issues that could be blocking test emails from getting through.
Still not able to resolve the issue?
If you’ve gone through these four steps and you still aren’t seeing test emails come through, please get in touch.