In this article
WordFly keeps a record of your subscriber and their email response activity. If they opt-out from an email, an unsubscribe event is logged on their address in WordFly. Sometimes a subscriber will request to be added back to your mailing list. If you have their permission, you can go back into WordFly and clear the unsubscribe flag on their account by following these steps.
Resubscribing from the Subscriber Profile
The fastest way to override one unsubscribe on a single subscriber’s address is to look up their profile in WordFly and clear the flagged event at the top of the page.
To clear the unsubscribe flag on the Subscriber Profile
1. Go to Subscribers > Subscriber Search
2. Search for the subscriber address
3. Hover over the right side of the address and click Select
4. Click the subscriber’s email address at the top of the profile page
On the subscriber’s profile, you should see an exclamation icon next to the subscriber’s address. This indicates there is a flagged event preventing the subscriber from receiving emails. Clicking on this email address allows you to clear the event.
5. Select Clear to remove the subscriber’s unsubscribe flagged event
Now the subscriber can be added to new list imports.
Note: If you regularly resend to the same list that the subscriber opted-out from, you will need to clear the unsubscribe flag from the list as well. Continue to the next steps.
To clear the unsubscribe flag on a list that you use often
1. In the subscriber’s profile, click on the Lists tab
2. From the Status filter, select Not Subscribed
3. Find the list that the subscriber opted-out from and select 'Override for this list' from the dropdown
Resubscribing from the List Summary
To clear the unsubscribe flag from the List Summary
1. Go to the List Summary page that the subscriber opted-out from
2. Scroll down to view the Subscriber Import Issues section
3. Find the subscriber, and click the checkbox by their address. Use the Actions dropdown to select Override for this subscriber.
You can Override for this list only or Override for this subscriber. Either option will get this subscriber back on your mailing list and the subscriber will show up under Overrides.
Using an Unsubscribe Override list
If you need to override multiple unsubscribes on a regular basis, one technique is to create a new list called Unsubscribe Override. You will import addresses to this list whenever someone reports they want to be added back and override the unsubscribe through this list. Once this is done, any new list imports with this subscriber will not suppress the address.
1. Go to Subscribers > Lists
2. Select Create an email list
3. Select Add manually
4. Give your list a name (Example, Unsubscribe Override) and select Continue
5. Paste the subscriber’s email address(es) and select Start Importing
6. This subscriber will show up under the section Subscriber import issues. Open that section.
7. Click the checkbox by the subscribers address and use the Actions dropdown to select 'Override for this subscriber'.
*You can Override for this list only or Override for this subscriber. Either option will get this subscriber back on your mailing list and the subscriber will show up under Overrides.
Use this list every time you would like to override an unsubscribe.
-Open the list and select More List Actions > Add More Subscribers
-Follow steps 6 & 7 above to override the unsubscribe for new subscribers added.
How do I resubscribe an unsubscribed address?