In order for our services to interact with Altru, your environment admin will need to connect the app from the Blackbaud Marketplace. Then, a service user will need to be authorized and selected in WordFly. This service user is used for background or “offline” processing to send data back to Altru.
#1 // Connect WordFly application to your Altru environment
An Altru environment admin must complete this step. You are an environment admin if you see the Manage page in the Blackbaud Marketplace menu or if if you see the Connect button in the WordFly app detail page. Learn more
Open the WordFly app page in the Marketplace
Click the Connect button
#2 // Authorize the Altru user in WordFly
This one-time authorization step in the user’s profile is required to access the API.
- Log in to WordFly with your WordFly login credentials.
If needed, ask your Account Owner to add a new user.
- In the upper-right corner, click your name to access Your Profile
- In the Altru Integration section, click the button to start the authorization
- Follow the prompts to authorize WordFly to access Blackbaud data. This step will take place on Blackbaud servers.
- Once authorized, the profile page will reflect that status
#3 // Select the Altru service user in WordFly
The service user’s security permissions are used when performing background processing, i.e., sending constituent appeal responses back to Altru.
- After logging in, click on Account
- Browse to the Altru Integration page
- Select an Altru service user from the dropdown
- Click Save