Here are the April 2017 updates! Read our release notes for April here.
Email Designs & Modern Editor
NEW! Added Preview Text field in Settings tab. Preview Text appears near the sender name and subject line in a subscriber’s inbox, not in the email. Learn More about editing preview text in your email.
Other updates in Modern Editor included:
- Styles tab: It's now more clear when you are editing the Mobile stylesheet
- Styles tab: When manually adding numbers in color fields, 'px' is no longer added if # symbol is not present
- HTML tab: Remnants of styles that have no attributes are now removed when email is loaded into editor
We gave another nod to Classic Editor this month and fixed issue where emails could not be previewed from the Email Templates page.
We adjusted how list data is carried over during a list merge. Now when list B is merged into list A, List Data from list B is now merged along with the subscribers. Thank you to Maurya Murphey at Oregon Shakespeare Festival and Jamielyn Lobello at Metropolitan Opera for noting the previous behavior so that we could make this helpful update!
We also changed how subscriber preferences are handled when a subscriber re-subscribes through WordFly Lightbox. Now a subscriber's preexisting preferences are preserved if the subscriber re-subscribers through Lightbox. Thank you to Tom Bastians from Adelaide Symphony who suggested this!
Other Subscriber updates included:
- Improved design of Subscriber Insights when no subscribers have been imported
- Fixed issue where a URL that contained a data field and the inserted data contained spaces did not redirect properly in Text version of an email
We added an email thumbnail to any campaign preview pop-ups to help visually distinguish the campaigns. Thank you to Luke McKenzie at Perot Museum of Nature and Science for submitting this great suggestion!
Now it's even faster to download your monthly invoice from the Account > Invoices section. Give it a try!
Site UI Updates
Have you ever needed to send an email from WordFly but only had your iPhone? Well, we improved the WordFly experience on iPhone so campaigns can be sent and Tessitura lists can be imported from the phone!
- Ongoing speed optimizations to reduce campaign sending times
- Ongoing speed optimizations to reduce list import times and provide more information about import errors