Modern Editor is here to stay! We launched Modern Editor in early 2015 after collecting years of feedback from our users. We're thrilled to have a responsive email template builder that allows our users to achieve virtually any responsive email design.
Our legacy editor - Classic Editor - will soon be removed from WordFly. Start transitioning your email designs to Modern Editor today!
Topics covered in this article:
We've pulled together the best resources for learning about Modern Editor.
Watch this great school session: Modern Editor 101 - New User Training
Modern Editor support articles
Review our support articles: Modern Editor
- Email Creative Best Practices
- 7 Elements of Great Mobile Design
- Check out what other users are creating in Modern Editor by reviewing our Email of the Month picks
Starting with a new design
Moving over to Modern Editor is a great time to revisit your overall email design. WordFly provides starter emails A-E to help form your base. Each starter email has a solid structure and is supported by the top email clients. You’ll be able to edit every element of the starter email as you work.
For additional guidance we recommend reviewing this article: Email Design: Set Up Your Team for Success
Recreating your Classic Editor email design
Most Classic Editor email designs translate easily to Modern Editor. You might find some changes are needed but the end result will be a beautiful responsive email design.
How to recreate your Classic Editor email design:
- Start a Modern Editor email, keep this email open.
- Open your Classic Editor email in a new browser tab.
- Begin replicating the Classic Editor design in your Modern Editor browser tab using BLOCKS (text, image and structural blocks).
- In another browser tab, open your Classic Editor email Content Theme.
- Begin replicating your Content Theme in your Modern Editor browser tab using the STYLESHEET.
- In another browser tab, open your Classic Editor email Background Theme.
- Begin replicating your Background Theme in your Modern Editor browser tab using the STYLESHEET.
- Save your Modern Editor email as you work on it.
- When finished, close your Classic Editor, Content Theme and Background Theme browser tabs.
- Save and exit your Modern Editor email.
WordFly has assisted many organizations with transitioning from Classic Editor to Modern Editor through our Creative Services. We can rebuild designs from Classic, build new designs from PSD files your team provides or provide design consulting to build something new and amazing.
Let us know how we can help! Email us to learn more.
Are you ready to turn off Classic Editor? Classic Editor can be disabled in your account so that new and existing templates cannot be edited in the legacy editor. Email us and we'll help turn this off.